Thursday, January 28, 2016

January 4, 2016...

Panajachel 

Today we took a long drive through the mountains from Antigua to Panajachel. Car sickness isn't funny (believe me, I know!); but it was funny that people who claimed to never get motion sick were all complaining about not feeling good :( I didn't get hardly any pictures from the actual trip because I knew I'd start to feel badly if I was playing with my phone. 



Once the driver informed us that we had about 20 minutes left, I decided to pull out the phone for at least a couple of pictures. This was one of about 5 that I took (and the only one that you can't see the reflection of my phone in it).


 We made it to our hotel (Hotel Jardines del Lago)! Amazing view of the lake, with the three volcanoes across the lake from us. Such an awesome sight!
 After getting relatively settled in the hotel, we wandered around Panajachel (or Pana) for a bit before getting lunch. There was a restaurant called Deli Jasmin, so of course we ate there!

We had dinner at the home of the Mayan Families founders in Pana. Being able to talk to the group that would be working with us on this journey of help was so wonderful. Hearing all the ways that they help the indigenous Mayans really struck a cord for me. (mayanfamilies.org if you want more information)

No comments:

Post a Comment